What is the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference?
The WDDC is the largest developmental disability conference in the state of Wyoming and covers a variety of topics related to disabilities such as advocacy, employment, education, best practices and other critical issues. Participants include self-advocates/people with disabilities, family members, providers and professionals. The conference brings together a wide range of people and is a great opportunity to network, learn new things, make friends and reconnect.
What topic areas may the conference address?
· Systems Change (grassroots organizing, legislative affairs, group advocacy, self-directed supports, inclusionary practices, etc)
· Education (early intervention, preschool, elementary, secondary, higher education, adult skills training, transition, inclusionary practices)
· Access (to services, to programs, to buildings and to the physical environment)
· Assistive Technology (augmentative/alternative communication, computers and software, environmental controls, adaptive equipment, seating and mobility)
· Employment (services, programs, strategies, self-employment, competitive and supportive, micro-enterprises)
· Empowerment (leadership, person-centered-planning, communication, self-directed supports, self-advocacy and advocating for others)
· Housing (home ownership options, rental options, affordability and accessibility)
· Inclusion (school, employment, community, group, recreation)
· Quality Supports (facilitating independence, health and safety, nutrition, conflict resolution, respite care, quality of life issues, dignity and respect)
· Recreation and Leisure (athletics, exercise, social activities and events)
Hotel and Conference Info:
Registration Deadline is June 9, 2017. Click HERE to register.
Please send your check or money order to:
Please make checks payable to the Wyoming Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities. We are unable to accept debit or credit cards for payment. Thank you for your cooperation. You will receive confirmation of your received payment.
Scholarships are available in limited quantity. To apply for a scholarship to attend the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference, please contact the WGCDD office at (307) 777-7230.
Attendee Registration: Click HERE
Call for Presenters Application: Click HERE
Vendor Application: Click HERE
WGCDD Bright Star Award 2017 Nomination Form: Click HERE