Join us October 17, 2018 for another great summit!
October is Disability Employment Awareness month. Each year, the council hosts the Employment First Summit. Employment will be the first priority and preferred outcome when providing services to people with disabilities for all working age citizens with disabilities, regardless of level of disability.
Tentative Summit Agenda
October 17, 2018
Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center, Casper WY
Breakout Session 1: 9:45 am
· Rich Gannon: Wyoming Employment Specialist Training (WEST)
· Shaye Moon: Internships and Employment First in WY
· Ann Armel, Jessica Rasmussen: WIOA & Transitions
· David Butler, Roberta Douglass, Centrum for Disability Services
Breakout Session 2: 10:50 am
· Gayann Brandenberg: Working Effectively with Job Seekers with Disabilities and a History of Criminal Backgrounds
· Michael Broad: Apprenticeships
· Eric Ochmanek: WYABLE (Via Zoom)
· Employer Panel: Pat & Renee Ashworth- Express Employment, Cheyenne, Josh Bellamy- Able Hands, Rock Springs, Mat Crum- Troopers Bingo, Casper, Blake McGee- Solstice Acre, Laramie, & Janie Wait- Intermountain Record Center, Casper.
Breakout Session 3: 2:00 pm
· Nicholas Von Pless- Determined to be Different: Creative Discovery & Job Modifications
· Gayann Brandenberg: Career Development in Dual Diagnosis
· Dana Barton: Service Animals: Can I bring my service peacock?
· Employment Specialists Panel: Sierra Balfour, Addy Hutchison, Cindy Keele, Amelia Kelso
If you would like to be a vendor for the 2018 Employment First Summit, Click HERE
Nominations are now CLOSED for the 2018 Bright Star Outstanding Employer Award. Submission deadline was September 21, 2018. Please check back next year for the 2019 award.
The Employment First Summit is brought to you by:
in conjunction with