Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference (formerly MEGA)
Join us June 26-28, 2019
for the 30th Annual Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference!
Registration information coming soon!
What is the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference?
The WDDC is the largest developmental disability conference in the state of Wyoming and covers a variety of topics related to disabilities such as advocacy, employment, education, best practices and other critical issues. Participants include self-advocates/people with disabilities, family members, providers and professionals. The conference brings together a wide range of people and is a great opportunity to network, learn new things, make friends and reconnect.
What topic areas may the conference address?
· Systems Change (grassroots organizing, legislative affairs, group advocacy, self-directed supports, inclusionary practices, etc)
· Education (early intervention, preschool, elementary, secondary, higher education, adult skills training, transition, inclusionary practices)
· Access (to services, to programs, to buildings and to the physical environment)
· Assistive Technology (augmentative/alternative communication, computers and software, environmental controls, adaptive equipment, seating and mobility)
· Employment (services, programs, strategies, self-employment, competitive and supportive, micro-enterprises)
· Empowerment (leadership, person-centered-planning, communication, self-directed supports, self-advocacy and advocating for others)
· Housing (home ownership options, rental options, affordability and accessibility)
· Inclusion (school, employment, community, group, recreation)
· Quality Supports (facilitating independence, health and safety, nutrition, conflict resolution, respite care, quality of life issues, dignity and respect)
· Recreation and Leisure (athletics, exercise, social activities and events)
Hotel and Conference Info:
Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center is $83, plus tax, per night (1-4 persons per room) under the WDDC block. You can reach the hotel at (307) 266-6000 to make reservations. If you are awarded a scholarship, the reservation will be made for you.
The conference pricing encompasses all three days of the conference including keynote speakers, breakout sessions and activities. Fees also cover provided meals at the conference including the banquet ceremony dinner, the “MEGA Boogie” and all conference activities and many chances to win door prizes!
Conference pricing does not include the cost of your room.
> Self Advocates / Parent / Guardian: $125
> Professional / Providers / Agency: $150
> Students: $50 (with ID)
> Family of 2+: $175
> Extra Banquet Tickets: $25 each (please specify quantity with your payment at time of registration).
Bright Star Awards
These awards celebrate and acknowledge the achievements and contributions that individuals with a disability make in their community, as well as recognize individuals within the state who have contributed to the disability sector. Included in these awards are a nominee for a person with a developmental disability, family member, professional, educator and an employer. We recognize these individuals at our conference banquet awards ceremony.
Banquet and Award Ceremony:
The annual Bright Star Awards banquet will commence at 6:00 pm on Thursday, June 27, 2019. You will receive your tickets for the dinner at the conference registration table. Semi-formal attire is requested. To ensure you will be served, please be prompt. Bright Star Awards are presented to community leaders during the dinner. The traditional “MEGA Boogie” follows the banquet at 7:30 p.m.
PTSB Credits will be available for attending the conference. Please ask at the registration desk for the form.
Respite Care is provided free of charge to families attending the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference. If you require this service, please call us at (307) 777-7230 to make arrangements no later than June 7, 2019.
Registration Deadline is June 7, 2019.
Scholarships are available! To apply for a scholarship to attend the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference, please contact the WGCDD office at (307) 777-7230.Scholarship deadline is May 25, 2018.
Vendor information click HERE
Presenter information click HERE