What is the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference?
The WDDC is the largest developmental disability conference in the state of Wyoming and covers a variety of topics related to disabilities such as advocacy, employment, education, best practices and other critical issues. Participants include self-advocates/people with disabilities, family members, providers and professionals. The conference brings together a wide range of people and is a great opportunity to network, learn new things, make friends and reconnect.
What topic areas may the conference address?
· Systems Change (grassroots organizing, legislative affairs, group advocacy, self-directed supports, inclusionary practices, etc)
· Education (early intervention, preschool, elementary, secondary, higher education, adult skills training, transition, inclusionary practices)
· Access (to services, to programs, to buildings and to the physical environment)
· Assistive Technology (augmentative/alternative communication, computers and software, environmental controls, adaptive equipment, seating and mobility)
· Employment (services, programs, strategies, self-employment, competitive and supportive, micro-enterprises)
· Empowerment (leadership, person-centered-planning, communication, self-directed supports, self-advocacy and advocating for others)
· Housing (home ownership options, rental options, affordability and accessibility)
· Inclusion (school, employment, community, group, recreation)
· Quality Supports (facilitating independence, health and safety, nutrition, conflict resolution, respite care, quality of life issues, dignity and respect)
· Recreation and Leisure (athletics, exercise, social activities and events)
Present at the WDDC
Keynote Speaker applications will be accepted November 1, 2022 through December 30, 2022.
Breakout Speaker applications will be accepted January 2, 2023 through March 15, 2023.
For more information on presenting as a Keynote Speaker or Breakout speaker in 2023, please contact Aleyta Zimmerman: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor the 2023 WDDC
For more information click THIS LINK to be taken to the Sponsorship Packet
Vendor Booths at the 2023 WDDC
To register to be a vendor clink THIS LINK to be taken to the forms. Registration forms are currently open and will be accepted until May 26, 2023.
Scholarships for the 2023 WDDC
The scholarship application for attendance can be found at THIS LINK. Applications will be accepted March 27, 2023 through April 28, 2023.
Bright Star Awards 2023:
Bright Star Nomination forms are currently available and open until May 19, 2023. Click the category name below for the nomination form.
The categories for the Bright Star Awards are:
The Bright Star Award recognizes exceptional performance by individuals identified by their peers and community as having had an impact in advocacy at the local, state, or national level. These awards celebrate and acknowledge the achievements and contributions that individuals with a disability, family members, professionals, and educators make in their community, and within the state who have contributed to the disability sector.
> Additional Banquet Tickets: $30 each (please specify quantity with your payment).
*Banquet Tables Available for $500, seats 8.
The conference pricing encompasses both days of the conference including keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and all conference activities. Fees also cover provided meals at the conference including the banquet ceremony dinner and entertainment, the “MEGA Boogie” and many chances to win door prizes!
Conference pricing does not include the cost of your room.
Scholarship Recipients: If you are approved for a scholarship, you will receive a coupon code to register with.
Registration for the 2023 Conference begins May 1, 2023.
All conference activities will take place at the Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center,
800 N Poplar St. Casper WY 82601
To book a room, please call 307-266-6000 and request a room under the Developmental Disabilities Conference block.
Rooms under the conference block are given at a special rate of $85/per night. Hotel rooms are not included in the registration cost to attend.
If you need ADA accommodations for the conference such as respite/child care or an ASL interpreter, please contact our office at 307-777-7230 and speak to Kayla.