What is the Wyoming Developmental Disabilities Conference?
The WDDC is the largest developmental disability conference in the state of Wyoming and covers a variety of topics related to disabilities such as advocacy, employment, education, best practices and other critical issues. Participants include self-advocates/people with disabilities, family members, providers and professionals. The conference brings together a wide range of people and is a great opportunity to network, learn new things, make friends and reconnect.
What topic areas may the conference address?
· Systems Change (grassroots organizing, legislative affairs, group advocacy, self-directed supports, inclusionary practices, etc)
· Education (early intervention, preschool, elementary, secondary, higher education, adult skills training, transition, inclusionary practices)
· Access (to services, to programs, to buildings and to the physical environment)
· Assistive Technology (augmentative/alternative communication, computers and software, environmental controls, adaptive equipment, seating and mobility)
· Employment (services, programs, strategies, self-employment, competitive and supportive, micro-enterprises)
· Empowerment (leadership, person-centered-planning, communication, self-directed supports, self-advocacy and advocating for others)
· Housing (home ownership options, rental options, affordability and accessibility)
· Inclusion (school, employment, community, group, recreation)
· Quality Supports (facilitating independence, health and safety, nutrition, conflict resolution, respite care, quality of life issues, dignity and respect)
· Recreation and Leisure (athletics, exercise, social activities and events)
Present at the 2022 WDDC
For more information on presenting as a Keynote Speaker click THIS LINK to be taken to the Keynote Application
Click THIS LINK to be taken to the Breakout Presenter application.
Sponsor the 2022 WDDC
For more information click THIS LINK to be taken to the Sponsorship Packet
Vendor Booths at the 2022 WDDC
Registration information will be available beginning February 7, 2022.
Scholarships for the 2022 WDDC
The scholarship application for attendance will be available beginning May 16, 2022.
Bright Star Awards 2022:
Bright Star Nomination forms will be available beginning March 7, 2022.
The categories for the Bright Star Awards are:
Colleen Pillion Family Member
> Additional Banquet Tickets: $30 each (please specify quantity with your payment).
*Banquet Tables Available for $500, seats 8.
The conference pricing encompasses both days of the conference including keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and all conference activities. Fees also cover provided meals at the conference including the banquet ceremony dinner, the “MEGA Boogie” and many chances to win door prizes!
Conference pricing does not include the cost of your room.